Saturday, May 15, 2010

2010 Graduates



You know what? I miss a lot of things. Mostly because I live 3+ hours away from my family. And I work 100 hours a week. I can't remember the last graduation party, birthday party, or actual family gathering I went to. Other than the funerals. I pulled every string I could, just to get off for Easter. Heck, I worked on my birthday. Do I feel bad? Yes, I really do! Even if I miss parties for people that don't really talk to me.

Especially this weekend. My cousin's graduation party is today. And so is my friend S's. That one probably hurts most. Because she has overcome so very much to get her degree. Yes, I feel bad. But what can I do? I have to work. At least I know S understands. Because she's been in college. And knows what it takes to get through it.

My family? Probably not. And this is just the beginning. We have 4 more graduation in the family. I think. But, not a single one can I go to. It's tough. For more than one reason. I've missed countless baby showers. Heck, I even missed my cousin's wedding in April. But it's part of life. You have to make sacrifices to achieve your dreams. I have to remember that.

And to be honest, I'm very proud of each of these graduates. I wish that I could buy them each a wonderful card. And send them an amazing gift. But at this point in my life, I'm lucky to put food on my table. Graduating is such a HUGE accomplishment. It should be rewarded and celebrated! And I hope these people realize it. This is the beginning of their lives. Just a stepping stone to the next chapter. I wish them all the luck in world. I love them all. And I hope that they can reach their dreams. ♫

No comments: