Monday, May 24, 2010

A Day at the Lake



Do you want to know what I did today? I went to Lake Norman. My boss/friend took us all today. This is our only real day off of work while we're here. And he has a house on the lake. OMG! I'm in love! In love with this beautiful lake!

I was joking with Blue Eyes (my boss) that I'd marry him just to live here! OK, so maybe it was 80% joking. But seriously, look at this picture! It's paradise! My boss just smiled that crooked smile that he has, and I had to remember, I have a life back home! Hello, put my head back on. You have to go back to school, and the hospital.

The reality of the matter is this. Dr. P, a doctor that I worked with at my hospital, is a chief at a NC hospital. He has offered to move me to NC. His family has 2 houses. One is on Lake Norman! They have offered to let me live there for nothing! If I transfer to Duke and work with Dr. P at the hospital. Oh, and there would be a little bit of babysitting on my part. They have 4 amazing kids. I used to watch the oldest 2 when they still lived near me. And maybe some cooking for an occasional dinner party. Yes, I used to do these things for them. Along with a little cleaning.

Oh, I might just have to take them up on that offer. Because look at this place! It's amazing! And their house, well, you can put 10 of my houses in theirs. Yes, they have a palace for a house! Just imagine, a chief of a hospital lived there. Now it's just like their summer house!

So what did we do today? It started with breakfast in bed! Hello! I LOVE my boss and the guys in the band. Although, I think they're buttering me up. They want me to cook a big feast one night, for dinner. Then we all got our bathing suits on, slathered up in SPF, and headed to the lake.

We spent the day on the boat. Well, I spent part of the day. My pregnant best friend, she couldn't handle all the movement of the water. So we spent a good part of the day relaxing by the swimming pool. Yes, swimming pool. These lakeside houses are not just houses, they're mansions!

We had a HUGE cookout. It was a catered affair. Remember, I had the day off! And my white skin, well we hung out under lots of protection. Slathered in SPF 50. Yes, I'm still white as sin! But now, my hair is nicely highlighted with red. Hello! I love this about my hair. :)

And we ended the day watching the sunset with a big bonfire. We made s'mores and laughed at silly stories. It was so magical. I wish I could go back. Lay on the beach. Play in the water. But we're back at the boss' house. Getting ready to watch some movies. And call it a night. Tomorrow is ridiculously full of work! ♫

No comments: