Friday, June 25, 2010

Sunshine

Funny. That's what I thought when I got to J's. And I was checking my messages. "Cowboy" has been looking for me. Calling the Ranch. And J and the guys refuse to give him my home phone number and my cellphone number. So he called the Ranch today, when I'm assuming J wasn't there. And he got my extension from one of the ladies that works in the packing department.

And there was my message from "Cowboy." Him singing these parts of Steve Azar's "Sunshine" that go a little like this...

"Your dark hair draped across my pillow, since I finally got it right...I've waited so long, so long, so long, for someone like you...Baby you're my sunshine...You're my sunshine...Everybody needs a little sunshine."

It made me smile. How he knew it's one of my favorite songs, I'll never know! But he did. And it made me smile. There's just something about that voice. :)

I guess what makes me really laugh is that he and I have known each other for a long time. Since we were little. I want to say, I was in middle school or something like that. And we've never really talked to each other. A little over a year ago, we "ran" into each other again. At breakfast. With our families. Not more than "Hi" was said between the 2 of us. And literally a year went by before we seen each other again. Again we were at breakfast with our families.

And since then, he's been calling the Ranch. Because he knows that I work there. But never when I'm at work. Unless I've got a real good group of friends, that intercept the calls. I've never gotten a message from him before, but J will tell me that "Cowboy" called. And I don't have his number. He doesn't have mine. We really don't talk in front of our families. The last time we seen each other, a friend was trying desperately to set us up. But hello! We were with our families. :P

So there you go. I needed a little bit of "Sunshine" today. Especially with what happened earlier. And what I got home to. And what the weekend has in store. No one ever wants to go to a wedding alone. Especially when they're going to be the "Maid of Honor." But those are my weekend plans. That message, it really made me smile. Made my weekend! ♫

No comments: