Thursday, September 15, 2011

Rosemary Chicken & Tomatoes



So hear Fall is just around the corner. Around here, you'd never know. We're still reaching triple digits. And I'm done with all of that! So I've decided to start cooking "Fall Inspired" foods. You know, comfort foods. Especially soups and stews. But this week's Gooseberry Patch Recipe of the Week, really caught my eye. Something I want to make. If only my schedule would slow down a bit...


Rosemary Chicken & Tomatoes

1 T. oil
2 lbs. skinless chicken thighs
2/3 c. chicken broth
1/4 c. white wine or
chicken broth
2 cloves garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste
6 plum tomatoes, chopped
2 green peppers, cut into strips
1-1/2 c. sliced mushrooms
2 T. cornstarch
2 T. cold water
2 t. fresh rosemary, snipped
cooked egg noodles or rice

Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté chicken until golden, about 5 minutes. Drain. Add broth, wine or broth, garlic, salt and pepper to skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 20 minutes. Add tomatoes, peppers and mushrooms. Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Transfer chicken to a serving dish; cover to keep warm. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch, water and rosemary; stir into vegetable mixture. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; cook for an additional 2 minutes. Serve chicken over noodles or rice; spoon sauce over chicken. Serves 5.


Doesn't that sound yummy? Next week, when I'm back from my gigs, I'm making this. I don't care if it's 110 degrees outside! It just sounds too yummy to pass up! ♫

No comments: