Sunday, August 14, 2011

What's in a Name?

In the spirit of Mi Rosita, and the Baby Shower that we're having today, to celebrate her, I'm going to blog about her. Yes, Mi Rosita has been on every one's mind lately. Her mommy gave us all a big scare, earlier this week. When we thought she was going into labor. Before her Baby Shower! I know. That's our fault. As in, our group of friends. The summer has been a busy one, for all of us! And we just kept postponing this thing.

But today, as I get the last minute details together, I can't help but think about Mi Rosita. And all that she's going to be. The simple task, of coming up with her middle name, is a tough one. One that A and I are struggling with.



For all, but one of my Goddaughters, I've been asked to come up with a middle name. I've been part of the 2 man crew, whose job is to pick the perfect name. A name that goes well with her first name, that her padres picked out. But a name that means something. That symbolizes something we, as Godparents, want to instill in our Goddaughter. A name that will describe our love.

This is not A and I's first time either. We've been a part of this rodeo, a time or two. Something that we're familiar to. But not completely at ease with. Our Compadres A, haven't made it too easy either. They're still debating on a few names. And A and I, we've narrowed down our list. It's tough. This little princess is going to have this name for life. It's got to be perfect!

Yes, her presents are finished. Perfectly wrapped. And all the decorations are sitting neatly in my car. Food is ready. And we have a little bit of preparation left to do, closer to "party time." But we're ready.

Mi Rosita's name, not so much. But the 4 of us are hard at work. I'm pretty sure, the minute we see this sweet little girl, her name will just speak to us. We'll have found the perfect name for her. The name that was meant for her, and her alone.

Yes, we take this whole Godparent, naming, loving thing seriously around here. Because it's the only way to do it! Mi Rosita, we love you so much. And can't wait to meet you. Just a few days left. But today, we're going to have some fun. And later, finish up your nursery! ♫

No comments: