Thursday, July 29, 2010

Feeling Horrible

I've actually been eating raw since Monday. And it's helped a little. OK, so I cheated on Monday and had some enchiladas too. But since then, I've been trying really hard.

But yesterday morning, I woke up feeling horrible. Around 2AM, I woke up and couldn't feel my arms or hands. It was that feeling like when your leg falls asleep. And there was shooting pain. I couldn't do anything to relieve it. It was horrible. So I got up. I sat outside for hours. It wouldn't go away.

Eventually, I had to get on with my day. I had a lot to do. And a lot of work that had to be done. Important stuff that only I know how to do. That's what happens when you work for your friend. But I managed to get it done.

I also noticed I was having a hard time breathing. Like it was a heck of a lot more labored. I was really having to think about it. It was horrible! So when I came home around 6PM, I called my parents. But the night just didn't go as planned. And I was here alone trying to figure out what to do.

This scared the crap out of me. A few times, I really struggled to catch my breathe. It was horrible and frightening. So I came back to J's house. I figured that he would eventually come home. And even his dogs were better company than being home alone. Because what if something horrible happened. How long would it take someone to find me? Yes, I was that scared.

J came home late. He was finishing up a cattle ranch inspection. But I could tell that he was immediately scared by the way I looked. Believe me, it scared me too. And my friend begged me to go to the hospital. But I refused. For so many reasons. I figured, I could make it through the night.

I didn't sleep much last night. And everything hurts. From my forearms down, there is so much pain. My breathing got a little easier. But it really does hurt my chest to breathe. I'm wondering what's up. So if you're wondering here are my symptoms.

1. An achy body.
2. Numb/painful forearms and hands.
3. Increased heart rate.
4. Labored breathing.
5. Feeling of a full bladder. But there is nothing in there.
6. Inability to sleep.

I don't know what is wrong. And like a typical health care worker, I'm refusing to go to the doctor. I'm just grateful for my friend J. He's been great. Did I mention he is a veterinarian? So he thinks he knows how to check all my vitals. I silently assume that he's called one of the doctor's I work with. He doesn't live far from J's. Let's see if today is a better day. ♫

No comments: