Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Finally



I was starting to lose hope. You know, in my yard and garden. Nothing has been blooming. My tiger lilies are begging for some help and relief from the desert sun. And all plants are just stems with green leaves. Not very attractive at all.

Then in my few hours of time off from work, I decided to tackle some more yard work. I swear to you, it never ends! But to my surprise, this little beauty had bloomed. Isn't it beautiful?

This is a plant my Mom gave me this Spring. And at one point, I thought it had died. But no! With a little TLC, and a whole heck of a lot of water, my Barrio survived. 2 of them actually. :) "Barrios" are what they call hollyhocks around here. Not sure why. But they do.

So I've got one bloom. Now if my lilies, lirios, or even my gladiolas would bloom, I'd be a very happy lady! Oh, and I could really use some veggies from my garden. Everything seems to be growing a lot slower this year. ♫

No comments: