Saturday, October 23, 2010

For a Walk Down the Aisle

Like I said in my previous post, V is getting married next year. She is a really good friend of mine. One the first people I met in the Nutrition Program. We became really good friends, along with E. And although, we've all lived in different states for the last few years, we've gotten so much closer.

V has not only asked me to be her "Maid of Honor." But she's also asked me to help here in a few things. I'm more than thrilled to help her. So she's been sending me a few pictures, of things she'd like to have. This pillow, is the main item she'd like.



Isn't it just beautiful? With a really fun and "vintage" feel. Definitely homemade, but filled with love. Something I just might be able to pull off.



All I have are these pictures. No pattern. But it looks like this pillow is made using a doily. So I'm thinking, I can make a round doily. Then make a pillow. And then figure out how in the world to put it together.



First of all, I want to make a doily with hearts. Something like this one. Which happens to be today's Free Pattern of the Day from Free Patterns. Second, V wants it to be lavender. The color of the wedding. Third, I just might be able to pull it off! :)

Yes, I'm getting excited. I'm 95% sure I can make something nice for my friend. Something that feels like it's from a time past. An accessory that will add to the "vintage" feel of the wedding. Now I just need to find all the perfect supplies. That is definitely going to make the entire project work. ♫

No comments: