Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas



Merry Christmas! First and foremost, I want to thank my Dear Lord. For giving my Daddy, a second chance. It looks like he is going to recover. That's what the doctor has told us. He's still not out of danger. We're still in the ICU. And it's going to be a very long road. But he should make it. Praise God!

So a little information. My Dad's scans and test all came back looking good. But the doctor is still concerned with a few things. His medication was ridiculously low. So they increased that. His oxygen levels are also really low. So they're monitoring that. He as to have oxygen on 24/7. At least for now. And his sugars are running really high.

But the main concern is pneumonia. Because of his age. And he's had it before. So about twice an hour, they come in to suction him. He does not like it one bit! What can you do? They are really worried about that though.The nurses constantly come to check. Because if the pneumonia fully develops, we're in trouble.

With all that said, he's doing better. Not 100%. Heck, we might be at 20%. But he's doing better. Tonight, he might get his first meal. He's supposed to have a "clear liquid" tray. Of course, he is more concerned with my Mom and I eating. But we have amazing friends and family. All of whom, have been wonderful! We've had more than enough to eat. Thank you guys!

In his usual fashion, my Dad is trying to get out of bed, when we're not paying attention. But for the most part, he's been sleeping. We've had a pretty steady stream of visitors. And we are honestly so blessed. So many people stayed here at the hospital, with us, last night. I think we were up until 2AM!

My Dad is no where near "being himself." He's sleeping a lot. The really deep sleep. Mostly because of all the medications. He's also not really talking. But he is semi aware, of what is going on. He watches us all. And is doing pretty well. And when the doctor told him it was Christmas, he said, "Holy cow! Are you sure? I need to shop." The doctor just laughed! There will be plenty of time to celebrate, when he feeling better.

We've got another amazing nurse today. He's had so much patients with my Dad. Who insisted on sitting in a chair this morning. It took them about 30 minutes to get him in the chair. Then he told the nurse he was tired. So we put him back to bed. And he's been asleep since. So, he really hasn't sat up since Thursday morning.

Like I said, we've had so many visitors. Everyone has been so kind. And we've gotten so many phone calls. We are truly blessed. Like I said, my Dad is making small improvements. We still don't know what's wrong. And honestly, he's not really talking yet. So they can't ask him too many questions.

My Mom is handling this pretty well. Although, she won't leave my Dad's side. But I'm making sure she eats. And sleeps. I've also made sure she is semi-comfortable. Has the necessities and clean clothes. We're just trying to make it. That's all I can say.

I'll keep everyone, as updated, as I can. You can call at anytime. I have all 3 of our cellphones. And you are more than welcomed, to call the hospital room. Or come by! My Dad might not talk to you on the phone, but he enjoys getting the calls. He really lights up when he sees new faces.

Looks like he's waking up. I better get going. I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas. Please keep my family in your prayers. Remember us today, while you are in church. May you have a wonderful day. Merry Christmas! ♫

No comments: