Friday, March 18, 2011

No. 22

This is my favorite perfume. Chanel No. 22. I got it as a gift. Years ago. From one of my bosses/friends. It's a good thing too! Because it's so far out of my price range. But it's so beautiful. The scent is feminine and light. And completely unmistakable.



Whenever I wear this fragrance, I feel like I'm wrapped in silk. It's that lush and gorgeous. The perfume is designed around white flowers. I'm pretty sure that's why I love it so much. Most of my favorite blooms, are white flowers.

This scent is definitely floral. But not over the top. The scent of white rose, jasmine, lily, Orange Blossom, and Lily of the Valley are clear. But there is also a slightly spicy scent. Most likely from the nutmeg. And the unmistakable cleanliness of vanilla.

Yes, this is definitely my favorite fragrance. Perhaps, my "Signature Scent." It's the one I just adore. I find myself reaching for it more times, than not. Let's just say, I'm grateful that my friend has taken the hint. I can count on getting a bottle, for all the major events during the year. Like my birthday, Christmas, and that big week of shows.

I was never a woman that pined over fragrances. Or the various "notes," that make up a good perfume. But No. 22, well it has changed my life. And the way I view perfume. Let's just say, I finally understand the whole, "making a memory with scents." ♫

No comments: