Saturday, April 30, 2011

Making Magic

Making Magic. It's what Maestro G always tells us to do. When we are performing. Making the audience "feel" the music. Do more than play your instruments, sing the words, and dance. Make people feel the music. Make them cry. Remember. And fall in love.

Tonight, I take the stage with some of the most amazing musicians out there. Full of talent and accomplishment. On such a big anniversary. I'm beyond excited! And to know, these musicians are also some of my very best friends, I know that I'm blessed!

Now that my "Music Man," S and I are on good terms again, it makes many, many people happy. Por que? We trained together. I learned how to sing with him. We became the performers we are today, by working together. Many days and nights...blood, sweat, and tears...and even broken hearts, got us to where we are. And let me tell you, we know how to put on a show!

For days now, we've been rehearsing. Long after the participants and students have gone to bed, we are on the stage. Working with all the "Maestros." The lighting is perfect. There's not one mistake in the music. Everything is good to go. And in the middle of those "Canciones de Amor," my heart dancing. A feeling that I never thought would happen again.



Did you watch that? From 1:44-2:50, el Maestro G tells us, we can recreate that magic. On stage. For everyone to see. Ya, S gets that "sparkle" in his eye. And I roll my eyes! But tonight, we are pulling out all the stops. For one "Grand Performance!"

I've got my "Music Man" back. Two performers that are destined to perform together. Possibly forever. That part of our story...well it's still left to be written. But the music part, we can't deny that. We are a good team...together.

I can't help but have butterflies in mi pansa! I really can't. And to get to share the stage with all of my good amigos again. That alone is the reason I couldn't sleep last night. Add in my cute ahijadas who are dancing, and we are set for one grand Fiesta Mexicana! ♫

No comments: