Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sugar and Spice #18



Sugar

♥Yummy Cracker Barrel breakfast.
♥Time with my family.
♥Hometown cooking.
♥Beautiful flowers.
♥Traveling. Even if it's for work. I just love to see new places.
♥The world of Mariachi. I can't imagine my life without it. Or the people I've met along the way.
♥Time with Mi Princesa. She is a doll! And My 'Rella. She's a miracle. I just love my ahijadas.
♥Lots and lots of performing. Mariachi singing. And a chance to take the big stage.
♥Deep belly laughs. Goodness how I love spending time with my amigos. All of them!
Trajes. The tradition of them. And the honor to wear one.
♥Learning from the Mariachi Giants. The Maestros. That live and breath the music.
♥My Music Man. For as much as we've gone through. He's still one of my very best friends.
♥Strawberry waffles in bed.
♥Fancy hotels.
♥The Royal Wedding.
♥Remembering B. She is missed. We all loved her so much!
♥Being part of all of this. It's history. It's the passing of the torch.
♥Springtime in the desert.
♥Watching my favorite little girls dance!

Spice

★Sweating this much. This early in the year. It's going to be a hot summer!
★Not having B with us anymore.
★Having to leave my hometown so quickly.
★Realizing I forgot some key pieces of clothing. Having to go shopping for them. And then having to explain to my friends why I was late to rehearsal. :(
★These stupid little hairs that I hairspray to death. And they still stick up! I HATE them!
★Hat hair. After wearing a big 'ol sombrero. And dealing with crunchy hairspray hair. :(
★Still not dealing well with the time change. What's with this? I have no clue.
★Family issues.
★Older siblings who assume they know it all. They have no clue! But what can you do...
★Getting a wake up call. That I didn't request. Then the front desk realizes they have the wrong room...at 3AM!!!

That's about it folks. It's been a crazy busy week! I'm ready for some sleep. But we still have some work to do. The work of a musician, is never really done. ♫

No comments: