Sunday, May 29, 2011

Something From Years Gone By



Are you anything like me? You hunt out the local Antique Shops. No matter where you are. Especially in small towns. Especially in the South?

Earlier this week, M and I got to do a little bit of exploring. B took care of the kids. And we brought C along with us. These are the women that I spend most of my time with. You know, when we're traveling. M is not only my MUA, but one of my best friends. And C, she has become another of my best friends! By the way, she's expecting her first baby this fall!

So we decided to do a little bit of exploring. Our boss' Mom suggested a certain area. And that's exactly where we were headed! Why? Because we wanted a little bit of fun, to take back home! We spent hours and hours in these little towns. And we had a blast!

I don't think there was one shop that we drove by, and didn't go into. They sold everything! It was pure bliss. We tried on vintage clothes, looked through old books, and eyed some gorgeous furniture. I'd definitely get into some trouble, if I lived around here!

In the end, I bought a few cookbooks. I still haven't had much luck with a set of mixing bowls, a vintage suitcase, or a vintage doctor's bag. But they're on my list. And I'll continue to search for them. Oh, and I picked up an incredible dress. That was very exciting. Especially at $2! You have to love vintage shopping! ♫

No comments: