Sunday, May 22, 2011

God's Glory



Bright and early this morning, I decided that I wanted to go on a run. Before everyone got up. I knew it would be a late morning for my friends. Especially since our show went well until this morning.

But I wanted to run. To be part of nature. To inhale all the beauty, that the Earth has to give. So while the house was silent and still, I was putting on my running shoes. One dog in tow. Making my way out, to the Carolina Wilderness.

Ol' Blue Eyes must of heard me. I was not far from the house, when he ran up behind me. This man, is definitely not a runner, but decided to go with me. We ran. In silence. Taking in the beauty of this place. All of it. Quietly.

The only sounds came from our feet hitting the ground. Our breathing was perfectly in rhythm. Birds were singing. The breeze was light. It was the most perfect morning. I've not felt that refreshed in such a long time! And it felt good.

To have sweat running down your back. Your heart race. The sound of your own blood, go through your ears. To have all of your senses working at 100%. And to be taking in so much of God's glory. It was amazing!

Then we cleared some trees, and came to a clearing. All you could see, was the beautiful lake! Oh Dear Lord! How do people ever leave this area? I'd be no good to anyone, if I lived here. I'd want to run every morning. I'd want to spend my days lakeside. And my evenings cooking. What a life!

Well, my friend and I just sat in silence. Sharing an orange, and some water. Taking it all in. I realize now, his eyes, they're that same amazing shade of blue. And as incredible as I felt, after 10 miles of mountain running, he was so much more refreshed than I was. As if, the Earth was feeding his soul.

We were definitely in God's church. In his Kingdom. Taking in all of God's glory. But it didn't prevent us from church. Which we barely made it too. But this little church, in the middle of nowhere, set back 50 years, it was perfect. I tell you, there's not much about Carolina that I don't love. Not much at all.

And now that all my friends are awake and fed, we've made our plans for the afternoon. Lot's of nothing, by the lake. What do you think? Sounds like paradise to me! I hope you have an amazing day too! It truly is God's Day! Happy Sunday! ♫

No comments: