Tuesday, May 31, 2011

What I Needed.



Last night, I finally just got "to be." I got to enjoy myself. And really have a good time. It was the first time, in a very long time, that I really got to enjoy myself.

To begin with, our show was a lot of fun last night. Plenty of time to have fun. We saved all our really good stuff, for last night. When we played a HUGE show for a Charity event. We wanted to make sure, that everyone was enjoying themselves. And we weren't going to be happy, until we saw smiles on faces, and people dancing. Simple as that.

But afterward, we, the band, got to enjoy ourselves too. It was time to dance the night away! Yes, we get paid to mingle with the guests. But since the event was by invitation only, it meant, we got to let our hair down, when we were done performing. Something I needed to do.

I don't drink. But honestly, I didn't need to. Not this time around. I just had fun. I had a permanent dance partner in my friend/boss. And he was all for having a great time too! Why? Because he has been working just as hard as we have. The last 10 days, well we've all been going nonstop! So don't judge us for never leaving the dance floor. We were both up to having a good time, and forgetting all of our troubles. :)

Beyond the fact that we helped our friend/boss score an amazing DJ. Well, he knew the guy, but the band was the one that suggested him. We had some amazing music. I swear, you could feel the beat of the music, long after you had left. The dance floor was completely packed! And everyone enjoyed it. Until the sun rose, early this morning. Yes, folks, we enjoyed life a little. Then, we got to watch the sunrise, on the roof of the club we played at. :) Along with a very yummy breakfast!

At the end of the night, it was nice to know that we helped score this Charity, a 9 figure donation. Yes, 9 figures!!! All by playing some music, dancing, and thoroughly enjoying ourselves. It was an incredible feeling. Just to know how many kids this is going to help. That right there, makes it all worth it. Every single time!

But the best part for me, was just living in the moment. Having some fun. Dancing the night away. And forgetting my worries. The last few months have been beyond stressful! And I'm so glad that I got the chance to just be me. To live a little. And to enjoy a little bit of life. ♫

No comments: