Friday, May 13, 2011

Friendship



The word friend, it sometimes leaves me speechless. Utterly speechless. I have some of the best friends. Friends that people would die to have. That are just amazing. As much as I try and do for them, they do 10X more for me.

Then I have these "odd ball" friends. The ones that seem to hurt me every way possible. They attack your character. Everything about you. They put you down. And only look for ways, in which they can hurt you.

These are the friends that completely shock me! They tend to be the ones I do the most for. Or at least make the most effort for. I call them. Try to see them. But nothing is every reciprocated. And I'm left feeling stupid.

One of these friends, just had a birthday. And I just didn't feel like calling her. I was spent. And just not in the mood. So I sent a text. Nothing fancy. Simply, "Happy Birthday." The next thing I know, she's called me. Every single day. For a week! What the heck?

I don't know. I was only trying to be nice. It was her birthday. But honestly, I was done with her. Done with having her as a friend. She infuriated me. And now, it seems like she wants to try. Makes me feel horrible. But I'm spent. And over it. Ready to move on.

But it makes me feel horrible. I wonder, what do people really think friends are? I know, we all have a bad day, from time to time. But to consistently treat a person horribly. Well, I'm not so sure about that.

I guess it just makes me appreciate my good friends even more. I really do love them. The ones that are real friends. That I can count on. You know the kind. They listen when your day isn't going so well. When you're sick, they remember to bring you some soup. And when it's 100 degrees outside, they always check to see if you are alive. You cry together, laugh together, and from time to time...tease each other. Those are the friends that I need. The rest, I think it's time to purge my life of them. ♫

No comments: