Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Getting Ready for a Gig



When I heard this song...I should have known I was in trouble. You would think I would have learned something by now. No such luck! I was working at J's house earlier. Trying to get paperwork done for this weekend. And the payroll started. And I heard this song...

What does that mean? It's time to sign some contracts. Literally, Mr. Blue Eyes, Daddy Warbucks, and B come into my office. We start signing contracts for our NC gig. The one in May. When we're go for 2 weeks. Good money! But it's all the other stuff that we have to do, that I don't like.

I have to start eating better. Because I need to lose a few pounds. I workout every single day. At the gym...with Steve. My crazy trainer. It's a requirement for my degree. But I like it a lot! It's the eating part that's my downfall. Because I don't eat but maybe once a day. Sometimes not at all. I'm just busy. And like any other college student...poor as dirt. But for the next 2 months, I need to change that. Thank goodness we get half of our pay now. :)

Why? In about a month, we'll do a photo shoot. Promotional pictures for our gig. One of which, I have to wear a bikini and boots. They're having an event at the club were playing at...the "Boots and Bikini Contest." I'm not going to be in it. But that's one of the pictures. The rest, well they're our typical promotional stuff. The band and I. Mini skirts, boots, and tank tops for me. Don't forget the John Deere! And all the head shots that we sign. You would think we were famous or something.

See our gigs aren't just about playing. But we get paid to make appearances, to do "Meet and Greets," and to hangout with the VIPs. So I need to slim down. Being 5'0" tall...5 extra pounds on me look more like 20. So I need to start eating. So I can lose weight. Crazy, I know! But remember, I study nutrition. So I know these things. Oh, and I've done this more than once.

Let's not forget the outfits that the bosses brought. Including the black bikini with skulls on it. So cute! But so small. Oh ya, I don't wear bathing suits! But for at least an hour, I'm going to have to. With red cowboy boots no less! The other outfits weren't too bad.

And this song you ask? It's Mr. Blue Eyes and N's doing. Last Spring, we were getting ready for the same gig, I show up on the morning of the photo shoot. They're blasting "I'm in Miami Trick." I wish I was lying. But I'm not! So this is the song they play while I awkwardly try to strike a pose. This is the part of performing that I don't like. But it's probably the most important part. Please pray for me! ♫

No comments: