Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Flower Baskets

About a year ago, my parents and I, traveled up to the State Capital. For no real reason at all. Just for a quick trip. We didn't have a plan. But figured that we would walk through the Plaza. And eventually head home. It was a day trip.

And when we got there, you couldn't miss the beautiful flowers. Tons and tons of baskets, overflowing with beautiful flowers. Hanging throughout the Plaza. A little like these...



And since that time, those flowers were all I could think about. I wanted baskets of beautiful flowers for my yard. Something simple, but beautiful. So I almost died out of excitement, when I found hanging flower baskets, and liners, at the Dollar Tree.

I bought a dozen. I'm not even ashamed to admit that. They're not huge. But they are the perfect size. And I planted a bunch of seeds inside them. And a few flowers. I have bigger plans for next year. Since I have a better clue about growing flowers in a basket. And I've got so many ideas. Yup, I'm excited!

It's funny. How simple the idea is. And how it never occurred to me before. I want flowers to hang from my HUGE trees. And in the middle of the lawn. I just need to find those poles. I can imagine flowering vines growing up the poles, and flowers dangling from the baskets. All the things that inspired me, on that summer day. ♫

No comments: