Friday, July 29, 2011

Choo Choo, All Aboard



Today, my parents and I went on a fun adventure. On that train. Yes, from 8AM to 5PM, we just enjoyed a little bit of life. A slow and fun trip, on the train. Seeing some of the most beautiful landscape that you can imagine!

It's something that mis padres, have talked about for anos and anos. Since I was a ninita. They've always wanted to go. And after a long road trip, much longer than we expected, a little investigating, a questionable hotel, and a fair dinner, we made it to the train. Honestly, I would not trade today for anything. We had that much fun!

Our trip included a tour, bus ride, up the mountain. Crossing the state line at least 11 times on the way back. The return trip was on the train. And halfway back, we stopped for lunch. It was really a fun ride. We met new people. Had great conversations! And it ended with a sprinkling of rain, and getting to see a family of deer. :)

When we got back, we did some shopping. Yes, in that little tiny town. And got a few souvenirs. Nothing crazy or odd. Just some cute things. My Mom bought a hummingbird sign, for her yard. My Dad bought a train for his collection. And I got a pin and some earrings.

Then we made the trip home. Well, we didn't get there. We made it to the state capital. We managed a small dinner, before hunting down a hotel. A better hotel. And we've pretty much collapsed. In pure exhaustion! It was such a great day. A fun trip. And now, I'm ready for some sleep! ♫

No comments: