Sunday, July 3, 2011

Oriental Poppies



These beauties, are one of my favorite flowers. They're Oriental Poppies. They range in color from pure white, to a coral red color. But these pinkish peach ones are my favorite! They're just so pretty to look at.

Late in the Spring, I found a package of roots. I bought them. And planted them. Very recently, I found seed packets. I bought 5 packs. They were 5 for $1! I couldn't pass them up. But these beauties, they just don't want to grow for me.

What really breaks my heart is, My Music Man, he just threw a bunch of seeds in his yard. Dude hasn't been home, in at least a couple of weeks. Darn it, if his plants aren't already getting flower buds. How in the heck does that happen? I don't know. But I'm still hopeful that my poppies will grow and bloom this year. ♫

No comments: