Sunday, July 10, 2011

Missing Both of Them...

It's been a few years since I've seen my nephew. The last time seen him, he was in the hospital. He had nearly died. I went to visit him. Although he couldn't speak, I knew he recognized me. I went as often as I could. Which honestly, was not near as enough. But I tried.

It's weird. You know, we pretty much grew up together. Sure, he's a few years older than me. I was in elementary school, when he was in high school. But we always seemed to have a bond. We'd joke. and he'd always take care of me. Almost like he was my big brother. :)

Years later, and shortly before he was hospitalized, he had a son. The most precious little boy I've ever seen! So cute. And my nephew made sure to bring him by. He wanted his little boy to know his "Gramps," my Mom, and I. I enjoyed all the time we spent together. I really cherished it.

Long before I was a "Nana" to many little girls, my nephew and his girlfriend, asked me to be their son's Godmother. I was so excited! I even went out looking for a cute tuxedo and all. But like I said, life had some twists and turns for us. And my nephew was soon fighting for his life. The Baptismo was no longer the priority.

It's been years. Many, many years. And my nephew and his little boy are always on my mind. I often wonder how they are all doing. I pray for them. And I ask God to watch over them. To take care of them. Because I love them so much!



This song, always reminds me of my nephew. Funny how just when I'm thinking about him, I hear this song. I can still see him dancing to it. When I was little, my sister lived in this trailer. My nephew would blast his "jam" and dance. Literally, the entire trailer would shake. I thought it was so funny. So he'd do it more. My sister didn't always feel the same way.

I really wish that I could see my nephew and his little boy again. I miss them so much! Is it nuts that I still have presents for him? In my closet! I just wish that I could see them. To make sure they're OK. Either way, they're always on my mind, and in my heart. I just hope,that they know, just how much I love them both. ♫

No comments: