Saturday, April 17, 2010

Chocolate-Cherry Cake

Have you ever tried the Gooseberry Patch Free Recipes of the Week? Some of my favorite recipes come from there! So yummy! Especially the desserts. If you've never heard of Gooseberry Patch, you're missing out!

Gooseberry Patch is a great company! If you're ever at a loss of what to get me for Christmas or my birthday, head over there. I'd love a cookbook or some of their cute kitchenware. Just kidding! OK, maybe I'm being real here. But they do have some of the best cookbooks ever! I've checked out a few from my local library, and I got 3 for Christmas presents this past year. :)

Here is one of my favorite recipes! And I've been dying to make it again. I just need to get the ingredients together. Oh, and I should probably make a little time to bake. But if you want to try it out, here's the recipe. ♫



Chocolate-Cherry Cake




Ingredients:

18-1/2 oz. pkg. devil's food cake mix
21-oz. can cherry pie filling
2 eggs
1 T. almond extract
1 c. sugar
5 T. butter
1/2 c. evaporated milk
1 c. milk chocolate chips
1 t. vanilla extract

Directions:

Combine cake mix, pie filling, eggs and almond extract in a mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on high speed until well mixed (cherries will break up somewhat). Pour into a greased 13"x9" baking pan and bake according to package directions. About 5 minutes before cake is done, whisk together sugar, butter and evaporated milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil; boil for one minute. Remove saucepan from heat and stir in chocolate chips and vanilla extract. Remove cake from oven; immediately pour icing over cake. Let cake stand for at least one hour. Serves 8 to 10.

No comments: