Friday, April 30, 2010

A Piece of the Past

There's just something fun about this outfit. A bit of a "throwback." It reminds me of a "Time Past." You know, like you were in a movie or a book. Set a few decades ago.

When life was a bit more simple. More about relationships, than careers. When people enjoyed the simple things in life. Like a cup of tea. Or really sat down, to get to know their neighbors. When books were the "common place past time."



It makes me smile. Just to think, at one time, ladies really were real ladies. Lace, pearls, and high heels. Oh, what I would give, to have lived then. To be a lady. A really lady. When dressing up, wasn't saved for a wedding. It was just an "every day look."

The days of fashion. When slips were commonplace. Women wore gloves. Sunday drives were a regular event. And Sunday dinners were for family and friends to share. Yes, a simple time. Filled with the important things...family, friends, and a little bit of fashion.

Yes, I'm a big fan of vintage clothing, style, and homes. It makes me think of our past. Of our history. I really would give anything to have lived then. Just for a day or two. To really live life. Since I can't, well, I can be inspired. I need to add a few more "ladylike" pieces to my closet. ♫

No comments: