Saturday, April 3, 2010

Too Fast!

The weekend has gone by so fast! I still can't believe it. It's almost time for me to leave. Yesterday, we got here. I drove my car because I need to leave straight from here tomorrow. I have a 6 hour trip tomorrow morning. But I don't mind. I was actually about 30 minutes ahead of my parents. Which turned out to be a good thing. I got here before them, and I got to sit and talk to my Tatie. Turns out Nanie was out of town.

But Tatie and I sat and talked for a good 90 minutes. About all kinds of things. We just caught up. Talking like the old days. I always enjoy hearing the stories my Tatie has to tell. We fed the animals and sat with Tiger (his cat.) Honestly, I enjoyed that the most. Just sitting there talking.

Over the last 2 days, I've managed to do a lot of cooking and baking. And I mean a lot! The food always tastes so yummy here. I've already made 2 cakes. :) My mom has been cooking breakfast, and I'm doing the rest. And we've been crafting a lot! I finally made Mi Princesa's purple tutu. And I've been working on baby stuff. The blanket for my best friend. And some baby sweaters. But I've really enjoyed it!

Tonight, my Mom and I went through a bunch of my old stuff. Lots of my things from my childhood are here. So we went through boxes of toys, books, and clothes. And we laughed so hard! But it was nice to go down "Memory Lane." My mom even gave me one of her old dresses. I'm going to wear it for an upcoming gig. :)

I definitely needed this. I only wish that I could stay longer. I just want to sit outside, under the trees, and read. I wish I could spend a month here! I honestly feel so much better. And I haven't even been here for 24 hours. I guess I just missed coming here. When I was young, we'd come almost every single weekend. But, I'm just grateful for the chance to come out here. To spend time with my grandparents. And to breathe some fresh air. ♫

No comments: