Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Fishin' in the Dark



My heart is ridiculously heavy with grief today. It's going to be a tough day. And all I can think about is the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band's "Fishin' in the Dark." Weird I know. Maybe it's my brain's way of dealing with this tough day.

I'm not 100% sure what's going on with me today. But this song is helping me get through the day. At least, thus far. And I'm very grateful. It's funny how that works. But this is one of my favorite songs. I don't know why. It just is.

Isn't that weird? There are lots of songs that I just like. I don't really know why. I think that it has a lot to do with my childhood. You know what? Country music will always have a special place in my heart. And today, I really need some of that. Just to get me through the day. ♫

No comments: