Friday, September 17, 2010

Vegas Baby!!!



We're done with the crazy performing. Well, at least until tomorrow. And we're on our way to Vegas. Yes, Las Vegas! We're not going to talk about how we almost missed our flight. How there were at least 20 mariachis, with family in tow, running to the gate. :) Or how I still have a full face of makeup on, my big earrings, and these roses in my hair. I did manage to change into a pair of sweats though. But we're flying. Right now. Headed west.

For 2 reasons I came on this trip, to play a concert, and because a friend is getting married. I wasn't going to come. I just couldn't afford it. But when Jav begged me to come and sing for his wedding, well I couldn't say no. I didn't hurt that he called me every single day for 2 weeks! And because he's teaching at the conference, he gets a free hotel room. He said I could have his room, because he lives in Vegas, and he didn't need it. Maestro G also came to the rescue by getting me a ticket with his "Frequent Flyer" miles. So I got a room and a flight for free. :)

It also didn't hurt, when the guys asked me to play the concert with them, on Saturday night. So I get to make some money. Actually, a really good check! And I get to hangout with some friends, listen to a nice concert tonight, and go to Jav's wedding. I'm a pretty lucky lady.

All this, and I don't have to spend any money. I'm not missing any school or work. I think it's a total score! It also doesn't hurt that A is sitting next to me, with Mi Princesa fast asleep. Yes, we are good Godparents. Keeping track of our little princesa.

So you can see, I couldn't say no. I get to spend today and most of tomorrow watching Mi Princesa dance. And My Care Bear and Big M. I get to hangout with some good friends. And enjoy a little bit of the city. But for right now, I'm going to take advantage of our time in the air. And I'm going to join the rest of the cabin in a nap. Talk to you when we get to Vegas. ♫

No comments: