Saturday, September 25, 2010

Life Moves On



It's crazy how fast life moves forward. Like if you blink your eyes, you'll miss everything. Just days ago, I cried myself to sleep. Missing one of the most important people in my life. The pain hasn't gone away. It still hurts thinking about Patrick. But today, one of my closest friends is getting married.

Life is definitely moving forward. I'm laying here, looking at this beautiful, pink dress. I'm in the wedding. And I'm supposed to be happy. This is a day of celebration. But I'm not sure that my heart and soul are in it today. My "acting skills" are going to have to be good today.

Life is just tough like that. You know what I mean? I'm so happy for my friends. What a glorious day! This is really one of those couples that is going to make it. You just know it. They're perfect for each other. And I want all the happiness in the world for them.

You know, I've hosted showers and parties for them. It's a big deal that they're getting married. Just a month ago, I was so excited. Today, I'm having trouble talking myself into just going. I want to lay in bed all day.

But I'm going to put my "Big Girl Panties" on. And I'm going to get out of bed. I'm going to take a shower and head over to the hotel. This is going to be an amazing day! I just know it. I might have to say a few extra prayers and talk myself into having some fun, but I'm going to enjoy this "Big Pink Wedding!" ♫

No comments: