Thursday, September 30, 2010

Judging



Today is another long day of judging. The 2nd day for us. I'm a judge at our local State Fair. For school, we are assigned judging responsibilities. And yesterday, I spent my day tasting cookies, pie, honey, jams, and tons of baked goods.

It's always fun. But by the end of the day, you don't want to look at food. But you're usually hungry. Because you haven't really had a meal. Or any kind of "real food." But like I said, we always have a good time. I've been doing this for a few years. So I'm one of the "Finalist Judges." Which is a lot easier than working through all the entries. You only taste the top entries from each category.

And to be honest, our local State Fair is a lot more fun than the large one in my hometown. It's a lot smaller, and only 5 days long. But there is something about a small town fair. It makes you feel like you're back in the 1950s. And in my opinion, it makes my toes curl with happiness and excitement! ♫

No comments: