Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Hoarders

Have you ever watched the show Hoarders? I have an insane need to watch it. I don't know why. But I just have to watch it. There is something about the people who suffer from this illness, and the professionals who try to help. The fact that many people, know this behavior is wrong. But they just can't make the changes on their own. I don't have cable. So I watch it here.



This week the episodes were a little crazy. OK, they were really nuts! Teri and her family, I just felt so bad for them. And Kerry, honestly, the man broke my heart. The couple lives in Hawaii. And Teri is in so much denial. Even though most of their home is unusable. And their children have to sleep with them. The couple has 2 young children. And CPS was called. It was honestly a sad situation. But I do think this family has some hope. They made some big changes during the time of filming. Adella, she has no business living alone. We all knew she would be right back there again. Honestly, she had already lost one home. Did we think the situation would improve? I have little to no hope, that a real change will happen.

Gordon and Gaye, well I'm speechless. They are given just over 72 hours to clean up and repair their home. Or else it would be condemned by the city. The family gets crazy. They blame everyone else for their issues. And don't want to continue forward. But the authorities know about their hoard. And Sir Patrick, I don't think I've ever met anyone quite like him. His home is completely stuffed with everything and anything you can imagine. He believes that all his stuff is valuable. Treasures. Even though most of his collection, really isn't worth much. It's just "junk."

Hoarders both disgusts me, and makes my heart break. If you really watch the show, you know what I mean. It's about way more than the mess. Most of these people have so many issues. Lots of mental issues. Most of the women have been sexually abused. The hoard is generally about protecting oneself. Or feeling less lonely.

The mess is never really about the mess. There is always something else going on. This show really takes you in, and makes you a part of it. If you haven't seen it yet, I would recommend watching an episode or two. ♫

No comments: