Sunday, September 26, 2010

Just What I Needed!



Everything about today, is just what I needed. Something to kick my butt back into shape. It was Little M's birthday party. No that isn't her birthday cake. But it should have been! She is really into "algidators" at the moment.

I helped my friends get the party together. And Little M's birthday cake, just might have been even more adorable than this cake. No lie! Everything about her birthday party was fun, light, and enjoyable!

Honestly, it was everything that I needed. I really did need it. It's been a tough few weeks. And I just needed some time to laugh and enjoy myself! Mission accomplished today! Mis amigos know how to throw a good party. Or I should say a good Matanza!

As usual, it was a ton of fun! Lots of delicious food. And great music. That generally happens when the parents are musicians, and all of their friends are musicians. We did some "Mariachi Jammin'." And just had a great time. Mi Princesa and I, we did a lot of dancing. Mostly with her Nono, A.

And I'm not going to lie. It's nearly midnight, on a Sunday, and I'm just getting home. It was that much fun. I'm looking through my "Algidator" bag. Did I mention that there was a HUGE alligator pinata? Yup, lots of candy! And some really fun toys. :)

So in case you are wondering, a 2 year old birthday party can be so much fun! Really it can be. Especially when your friends are like your family. My friends are pretty darn amazing! And their kids, they're simply adorable!

This was just the day I needed. It's helping me to move forward. And the plate of chicharrones, I know they're going to make a very yummy breakfast tomorrow morning! So I'm off to bed. Happy Birthday Little M! ♫

No comments: