Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Any Given Tuesday...

On The Ranch, I've learned, to never really plan out my day. I need to get my work done, days ahead of time. Because, you just never know, what the day will bring. Like this morning. I decided to tackle the payroll. 2 days early. I thought it would be a slow day...

Then all sorts of yummy things happened. Ol' Blue Eyes came for a visit. he had us all laughing. And yearning to go out and drive a fast car. My Lil' Cowgirl was hanging out with J. She was also toting around in her Nana's high heels. This girly is learning early! Especially since her Godfather bought her a crown to wear too!

The guys were trying to clean up. You know, we had a horrible wind storm last night. Lots of clean up was required through the orchards. And we were getting in some animals at 9AM. The foreman insisted that I'm married to J. And that our Goddaughter, is really our daughter. This is a daily event. Which lead to all the guys, adding in their 2 cents.

I was also tackled with a crap load of government paperwork. The guys are getting ready to start hauling cattle again. So the proper paperwork needs to be done. And it had to be in the mail by 2PM. We received it at 9AM. Talk about hurrying!

But my boss and friend, J, always has something up his sleeve. Like at lunchtime. When he walked in with a yummy, iced cold Sonic drink. And My Lil' Cowgirl. Shortly followed with a bowl of strawberries, my favorite BBQ sandwich, and cucumber water. Does this man know me or what? I'm absolutely spoiled at work!

I should have known something was up. Especially when Ol' Blue Eyes mentioned our upcoming gigs. And then we went into updating the Band's website. And noticing, just how bad I am at updating people, on Facebook, MySpace, and Twitter. Ya, I suck!

The best was yet to come. You know, at the sleepy hour of 2PM. The office was a little quiet. The heat and the wind were picking up. And I could just tell, something was up. Then J started playing this song...




And before we knew it, we were on the porch...DANCING! In TRIPLE DIGIT WEATHER! Folks, I think we've lost it. Seriously, we have! Then we decided to get some stuff together for our "Big Gig" in October. More dancing. A little singing. And some fiddle playing.

During which time, our Goddaughter was fast asleep. On J's dogs. Who were also asleep. On the floor, in his office. When we were done with the band stuff, I picked some Sunflowers for the Break Room. Made some lemonade for the guys. And started printing checks.

Before long, hay was being piled onto trucks. Guys were hooting and hollering. They were working on the fields. Some were coming in for the day. And one guy, he was about to pass out from the heat. We threw him in a horse's water bucket. The thing is bigger than a bathtub! The guys covered him in ice. And I talked to him. Took his vitals. And before long, we had him inside drinking water.

Yes, that is just "Any Given Tuesday" on The Ranch. We're always moving forward. Rarely if ever, do we go off the plans for the day. We try to. Tasks need to get done by a certain time. But every day life, well, it just happens. And we're just trying to get it all done. Before the sun goes down.

Now I'm getting ready to leave. My Lil' Cowgirl is chasing Chance (the dog) and J is talking to some of the guys. Ol' Blue Eyes is eating. And 2 other dogs, are swimming. In the pool! I tell you, this is the life! Who else gets paid to make payroll, eat yummy food, play with their Goddaughter, laugh with their friends, and dance? I'm not sure. But my job is pretty wonderful! ♫

No comments: