Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Time Traveler's Wife



I bought this book a while back. As in, a few years ago. I'm not sure why I kept putting off reading it. But I did. Finally, around Christmas, I started to read it. Well, let's just say, someone stole my book. Yes, right from my Dad's hospital room!

Well, I really wanted to read it. All of a sudden, because I didn't have the book, it's all I could think of. During our post-hospital days, I searched for it. Looked at all the bookstores. Got on every single list, at every single library I could think of. So far, I'm #50 in my hometown, and #15, here where I live.

During our "winter freeze," I got this movie in the mail. From a certain Mr. Who shall remain nameless. But he knew that I had been hunting for the book. In all honesty, I didn't want to watch it. Why? Because I like to read the books first.

But during one of those insanely cold nights, I watched this movie. And it was so good! Yes, I watched it 3 times in a row. What else was I going to do? There was little heat, no way I could get out of my driveway, and well...it was just cold! So I curled up in blankets, and watched movies. :)

I'm still on the hunt for this book. I'm completely bummed out that I can't find it anywhere. And at this point, I'm thinking I should just give in. You know, order it. Because I really want to read this story. Is anyone else weird like this? Books before movies. Totally obsessed until I read what I want to. I know, I'm just a nerd. And a bookworm! ♫

No comments: