Friday, June 17, 2011

For the Royal Familia G

I'm pretty sure that I've mentioned it on here, my friends, Familia G, are going on "bacation." They're heading to Disney World, and on a Disney Cruise. They leave on Tuesday. And I'm not sure if I'll be back, before they leave....

But I've been trying to help my Commadre, get ready for their trip. Lots of work goes into a 3 week long trip. With 5 kids! All under 5 years old!!!

Yesterday after church, my Compadres invited A and I over. For dinner. And yum! It was delish! But while we were waiting, A and I were exploring the internet. We may or may not have gotten on facebook. Yes, I started one, to communicate with mi familia. My FB page, for my friends, well that will stay private. Ya, some things are better left that way. :)

Anyway, A and I are Mi Princesa's Godparents. And she is super excited about this trip. Being a princess and all. I may or may not have made her a few "special" outfits. And A...well he is sending her off with a few hundred dollars. Yes, for a 4 year old!!! What is he thinking?!?!?!

Now you can probably imagine, why people think, that she is our kid. But it's the truth. We spoil her to death! And after some FB time, we decided to hunt for some "princess" stuff. Our Princesa joined us. And we found this...



Mi Princesa gave me "that look." And I folded. I went to my car and dug out some lavender yarn, and a hook. And I got to work. By dinner time, it was nearly done. And when her sisters came in, they wanted one too!

After dinner, I set to crocheting. A was entertaining all of us. Reading the ninitos books. Amazing voices and all! He pulled out his guitar, and serenaded us. Which I'm sure, my Compadre just loved!

An hour after the ninitos bedtime, and my Compadres had finished the dishes, A had gotten all into a PBS special...well, I finished 5 crowns. 5 different colors. You know, Familia G has a "color system" for their kids. So the crowns had to be 5 different colors. But it was fun!

I'm sure they will all have a great time! And I'm glad I could add to the "magic" of their trip! It kills me that I can't go to! Who wouldn't want to visit the "Happiest Place on Earth?" Especially when O offered up his house. Yes, Familia G is staying with him. And there is still plenty of room for a few more amigos. Too bad I have to work...and I still don't have any money.

And to top it all off, A just called. He's heading out with the guys. They're flying to a gig. He joked with me, that the entire Mariachi wanted a crown. What is that you say? 20 crowns for grown men? I just might have to go to the Dollar Tree. Because those are the only crowns they're getting from me! Happy Friday! ♫

No comments: