Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sugar and Spice #26



Sugar

♥My Goddaughter making it through surgery. And doing better every single day. She is an angel.
♥My Bestie. She is amazing! And so strong.
♥Painting the headstones. It means a lot to do things for my loved ones. I'm glad they turned out good. :)
♥Yummy food. Like cereal for dinner. And chili burgers for breakfast.
♥Train rides to "The City Different." It was so much fun! I'll be doing that again.
♥Unexpected visits from good friends.
♥Meeting new and interesting people.
♥Yummy Pascual's breakfast!
♥Chocolate covered strawberries. They should be a sin! But they are so yummy!
♥Nice notes from online buddies!
♥A remembering my LOVE of cupcakes.
♥Time with J and our Goddaughter. So much fun! We have to do that again.
♥Growing plants and flowers. These guys are going through so much. I'm glad they're fighting.
♥Yummy strawberry plants on clearance. $5 people! For a HUGE basket of plants. :)
♥Spending time with my friend R and her little boys. They are adorable! Such little gentlemen.
♥Hiding out at a friend's house. To escape this heat. Have I mentioned my true LOVE of refrigerated air???
♥Masterpiece Theater. Seriously good! One of my favorites.
♥Peonies, lilies, and gardenias. Fresh in a garden. Smelling wonderful!
♥My 'Lil Cowgirl's smile. Her sweet smell. And that laugh! I LOVE being her Nana! It is truly a blessing. :)
♥Praising God. I love my God. He is GREAT!

Spice

★Unappreciative family. Enough said. I'm done with them.
★No more America's Most Wanted. It was clearly one of my favorite shows. What am I going to do now???
Mosquitoes. Why do they love me? I'm covered in bites!
★The smell of good sunblock. Yuck! You would think they'd do something about that.
★The sun. It bakes me. Turns me red.
★Grouchy people.
★My Dad's frustration with his health. It's a slow process people. We just have to have patients.
★Paperwork. Tons of it! I was buried for days!
★The State requiring weird stuff. As in paperwork. For my parents' business.
★The state of that office. And that man. Oh goodness...
★Trying to collect for past field trips. What a headache! Yes, there are some bills from over a year ago...
★Rushing around trying to track done a single paper. That we can't find. And never did find.
★People trying to figure out how to bill. For something that was paid off over 6 months ago. HELLO!
★Traveling. Heat. And a car that just isn't right...
★This ridiculous heat wave! My house is at least 20 degrees hotter, than the outside temperatures. WTH?
★Not having any form of AC.
★Paying for a phone line that doesn't work...
★88 degrees at 8AM. 100 at noon. 107 at 5PM. 95 at 11PM. What's going on???
★New fires in our state. My friends having to go fight them. They've been gone for weeks!
★Did I mention...ungrateful family?

Well folks, I'm just trying to beat the heat. It's hotter than Hell here. No lie. Even the priest said so this morning. We had a fast mass. Just to escape the heat. And I'm not doing so well. But what can we do? We can't fight our dear Lord. Instead we pray. And keep all those around the fire, in our prayers too. Happy Sunday! ♫

No comments: