Friday, June 3, 2011

Lion King Iris

Right before leaving for NC, M gave me some Lion King Iris bulbs. Literally, it was minutes before we left. There was no picture. Just a name. And I was dying to plant them. The minute we got home, I had to tackle some yard work.

And after mowing the lawn, pulling some weeds, and watering everything, I finally planted my bulbs. But I was still interested in what the flowers would look like. When I looked them up, this is what I got.



I think they're so pretty! I have purple irises now. That's it. I want more variety. And I think this is a good place to start. Now I just need to be patient and let them grow. I wonder if any of them will flower this year. It generally takes a year or two to get a flower. And I'm feeling a little impatient at the moment. ♫

No comments: