Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Fun and Family



On Sunday, we had my niece's graduation party. Honestly, it took forever to get together! I'm not going to lie. A lot of hard work. And not many people to pitch in. But we got it together. I was going through sales flyers for weeks! My parents were running around town. Buying hot dogs, fruit, and whatever else I could find on sale.

And I was running from Dollar Tree to Dollar Tree. Looking for plates, table clothes, and utensils. So much to do. So little time to do it in. It's a long story. But last minute, the party was moved to my parents' house. And all of a sudden, they had a crap load of stuff to do. And do you remember, I went to NC to work...

But it everything was coming together. K came to help us with the yard. And after 3 days of cleaning, the yard looked good. Not great. But good. I cooked for what felt like days! And eventually, everything got done. K was a HUGE help! Along with my brother R. Who put up tables, chairs, BBQ grills, decorations, and the tent. All right before the party. Thanks so much!

Did I mention the cake issue? COSTCO told us to pick up the cake on Saturday at 6PM. Well, they close at 6PM. A new policy or something. We almost didn't have a cake. And we didn't get our last minute stuff either. :( But it all worked out. We had to wait outside while an employee got the cake.

We were also calling people on Saturday night. Yes, the night before. To come to the party. I have to tell you, we have some amazing friends. Because they showed up! Wow! And everything seemed to work out. I'm actually quite shocked. But it worked out. Last minute things, well if they didn't get done, I didn't worry.

We all had an amazing time. At least I think everyone did. There was a ton of food left over! But my Dad is one of those people, that would rather have a lot of food leftover. Than for us to be short food. It's not so bad. Lots of people took home food. We froze the extra hot dogs and hamburgers. And well, my parents are sending me home with a bunch of fruit and veggies. All is well. :)

Honestly, I wish I would have had more time to talk to people. But I was cooking. And just trying to stay alive. I was so tired. And I ended up sleeping half of Monday to recover. I'm still exhausted. But a lot better.

So many people told me that they want to come back. Lots of kids want to come over and play. And we've already planned a BBQ for Father's Day! I really do enjoy my parents' house. And their backyard. It's so peaceful and relaxing.

But the day was fun. And I got to see lots of family. That I normally don't see. And I spent time with my nieces and nephews. Chatted with lots of little kiddos. And well, I think we all just enjoyed life. At least for a few hours. Hmmm, I think we have 2 years until the next big graduation... ♫

No comments: